NORCAL-L Archives

Archiver > NORCAL > 2008-03 > 1206551462

From: "Sandra" <>
Subject: Re: [NORCAL] Josephine Montgomery Holden
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:11:02 -0700

Pat, I believe the CA Room has that paper and I can check in two weeks. Let
me know.
Sandra

Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 21:14:18 -0400
From: PatSmethurst <>
Subject: [NORCAL] Lassen Obituary

All:

Someone recently kindly posted a lead to a newspaper index for Lassen
and/or Shasta County. I found a death mention that has great interest
for me, and wonder whether anyone on the List can either get the
obituary for me or tell me where I might find it. The name is:

Josephine Montgomery Holden, d. 27 December 1912 (1;1) Lassen Advocate,
Susanville.

I'm thinking 1;1 means page 1, column 1.

I'm researching my father in law's family; his mother was Leah
Montgomery Holden Smethurst. Leah was married for a short time to a Mr.
Holden, then he died. If Josephine is connected to Leah, I may be able
to find out more about Leah's history.

Thanks,

Pat.

This thread: