NORCAL-L Archives

Archiver > NORCAL > 2008-06 > 1214360197

From: "Phil Carnahan" <>
Subject: Re: [NORCAL] Ancestry California Death Index
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 19:16:37 -0700

I wasn't aware of that problem. I tried a search for anyone born in 1900 on
Rootsweb and found none. I tried the same search on Ancestry and found many.
I then jumped over to the CDs issued by the state and guess what, there are
no births listed on the death index as 1900 on any of the CDs. I checked a
couple Ancestry said were born in 1900 and the CDs had them listed as being
born in 1901. I finally found a death listed in the Ancestry CADI which was
also listed in the SSDI. The Rootsweb CADI and CDs gave a birth year as 1901
and the Ancestry CADI and SSDI gave a birth year as 1900. I guess we're all
forwarned! None of these resources can be fully trusted to be correct.

Phil Carnahan
Ukiah, CA

Mendocino County Indexes

Mendocino County Tombstone Photos