NORCAL-L Archives

Archiver > NORCAL > 2009-11 > 1259626562

From: Dee Sardoc <>
Subject: Re: [NORCAL] Hanford, Kings Co., CA -- 1 January 1895
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:16:02 -0800

How cool! I don't recognize the name but will ask my brother - he worked at Mighty Moss for quite a few years. Bud says it's been quite a few years since there was anyone old enough at Moss to remember our grandfather. Guess that's what happens when you retire in 1960, eh?

Did Ernest go to Alaska, too? Right after retirement, my grandparents moved to Anchorage for a year - my grandfather was hired to supervise the building of an MLPP clone. A couple of days ago I found the address where they lived - going through my grandmother's recipe box & found one written on the back of their tax receipt. I wonder if you still have to pay a city tax to Anchorage for an apartment - $32 +change.
Dee

At 03:04 PM 11/30/2009, you wrote:
>Dee,
> My husband's uncle, Ernest H. Chambers was the engineer who designed the
>Moss Landing Power Plant. Small world. They undoubtedly knew each other.
>Ernie retired from PGE quite a few years ago now and died last year.
> EdrieAnne Broughton
>

>> In this issue, the son that was born to John Irvine FOX and his wife (Lucy
>> Angeline Shirley Pepper Fox) was my grandfather, Charles Irvine Fox. Sadly,
>> John Irvine Fox died 13 Dec 1895 (in Delano, Kern Co.) Charley (or Irv,
>> depending on who you talked to), lived to the ripe old age of 89. He was the
>> plant manager of Moss Landing Power Plant during its construction & retired
>> from Pacific Gas & Electric in 1960.
>> Dee (Fox) Sardoch
>>

>> Transcribed by Dee Sardoch
>> To see more old newspapers, visit http://www.newspaperabstracts.com/