NORCAL-L Archives

Archiver > NORCAL > 2011-02 > 1298166570

From: Ronald Colby <>
Subject: Re: [NORCAL] Who Do You Think You Are
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 18:49:30 -0700

Ancestry.com does NOT sell your stuff.

----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: "Chris Havnar" <>
Cc: <>
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 6:08 PM

Hi Chris...long time!

Isn't it amazing how a different set of eyes on a problem...in this case a
family line...helps to 'see' some of the errors so much more quickly!
Good for you!

I've been fortunate enough to be able to travel to some of the places my
ancestors stopped before coming further west! In Connecticut I was able
to PUT MY GLOVED HANDS ON ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS and transcribe them for
family members. Amazing! It also put into perspective some of the
generations and how easily a father marrying a much younger woman would
have a child with her...the same year (and sometimes the same month) that
his SON and daughter-in-law were having a child as well would be confused!
When long ago genealogists wrote this up as the father of the son being
the father of both of the babies...well...hmmm...just confusing! After
copying pages verbatim...and BEGGING the town recorder to allow me to
actually PHOTOCOPY them...I think we figured out that
problem....but...going back to Ancestry...even though I've contacted some
'cousins' who are still putting on their trees the GOSPEL according to
that long ago INCORRECT information...well it may never be corrected.
Perhaps I'm keeping it from being corrected by NOT publishing my corrected
tree...but then that's my prerogative! I do share my extensive research
WITH photo copies to family members who ask...so I'm sharing...just not
with Ancestry!

Glad to hear from you!

Perrin

This thread: