NORDRHEIN-WESTFALEN-L Archives

Archiver > NORDRHEIN-WESTFALEN > 2008-09 > 1221246358

From: ,
Subject: Re: [NORDRHEIN-WESTFALEN] Holtapples in Dortmund
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 19:05:58 -0000

Author: petzie2002
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.ceeurope.germany.Nordrhein-20-Westfalen.general/6831.2.1.2.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Joanne,
first I also thought it might be Holzapfel, but you seem to be correct with the spelling Holtapples.
I have a file called Reichstelefonbuch 1942 which shows 3 Holtapples for Dortmund in 1942.
phone 25862, Holtappels, H., Kfm. Boermannstr. 27, Dortmund
phone 24779, Holtappels, Joh., Gartenbau, Kronenstr. 27, Dortmund
phone 32522, Holtappels & Co., Bromasch., Hansastr. 3, Dortmundthe first is a merchant, the second is a gardening firm, the third is a firm for office machines

Beside this I found in Dortmund only the following spelling of the name in the actual phonebook:

Mr. Willi Holtapel, Gesenhofstr. 7, 44357 Dortmund, phone 0231-371418
Mrs. Monika Holtapel, Am Funkturm 58, 44309 Dortmund, phone 0231-202501
Mr. Hans Holtapel, Oskarweg 56, 44369 Dortmund, phone 0231-311255

Hope the information will help for your further research
Best regards from Germany
Petra

Important Note: