NORFOLK-L Archives

Archiver > NORFOLK > 1997-08 > 0872503495

From: Martin Edwards <>
Subject: Morningthorpe Hall
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 06:04:55 -0400

>Does any one know or have any info on Morningthorpe Hall?
>I believe it was located in either Norfolk or Suffolk.
>Please reply to e mail address.
>
>Ted Worth

Ted,

Morningthorpe is in Norfolk. I can only find reference to Morningthorpe
Manor not Hall. According to Kelly's Directory for Norfolk, 1900:-

Morningthorpe Manor, the property of Commander Thos. Holmes R,N,, J.P. of
Fritton End, lord of the manor of Morningthorpe, is a mansion of red brick
with stepped gables, in the Elizabethan style, pleasantly situated near the
church, and is now the residence of James E. Bayne esq. J.P.

Hope this helps,

Martin Edwards
Researching EDWARDS, WARREN, BARRETT/BARRITT, MARRIOTT, CARMAN, PALMER,
BUTCHER - all in East of England
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Martin_Edwards_

This thread: