NORFOLK-L Archives

Archiver > NORFOLK > 1998-03 > 0891314709

From: Robert Critchlow Tuck <>
Subject: TUCK
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 23:25:09 -0400

Dear Karl, I cannot link with your impressive marriages chart, but I am
interested in the Tucks you have listed, Mary Ann Tuck, who married Jacob
Page at Barney in 1828, and Thomas Tuck, who married Mary Buncle at
Hindolveston in 1805, on the off chance that they might be connected with my
ggrandfather, William Tuck, 1833 - 1895. When first heard of (1841 census)
he was living with Barnabas and Lydia (Ward) Field, both aged 50, at
Gresham. He was married at Gresham to Elizabeth Hall of Aylmerton in 1855
under the name of William Tuck Field, giving his father's name as William
Tuck (mother not named). Later he dropped the Field and was head keeper at
Hilborough from 1870 to 1895. He was not baptised at Gresham, and there are
no Tucks there before him. Where did he come from?
Robert Tuck.

This thread: