NORFOLK-L Archives

Archiver > NORFOLK > 2000-08 > 0967365011

From: "Margaret Doughty" <>
Subject: OUR DOUGHTY FAMILY IN NORFOLK
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 18:30:11 +1000

HI everyone.

My name is Margaret Doughty and I am trying to find some information about our family in Norfolk. My husband's gr grandfather came to Australia in 1853 with his wife Rebecca (ne Griffin) from Terrington St Clements. We have been given information off the 1851 Census, that has told us that his parents and siblings were left in Terrington. I know that his parents were John, 1808 and Jemima (Ne Chilvers) 1807 and know that his siblings were Ann, 1827; Robert William, 1829;Francis, 1833; Thomas, 1835; Alice, 1837; Elizabeth, 1839; Thomas, 1842; John, 1843 and Hannah 1845. I have traced his parents (via the 1891 census). They moved to the south of England with their married daughter Elizabeth who married a Joseph Seekings in Norfolk, and they both are buried in a Portsea cemetery. I have the cemetery records to show that John Snr died in 1901 and Jemima died in 1891, they are both buried in the same grave. Maybe someone can throw some light on where the rest of his brothers and sisters ended up. I have sent a few Emails out with some replying and correcting some of the information that I had. I hope someone may be able to help me. As I live near Canberra, the Australian Capital, where a lot of our records are situated, maybe I can be of help to some of you. Thank you for your attention

Margaret Doughty
Queanbeyan Australia

This thread: