NORFOLK-L Archives

Archiver > NORFOLK > 2002-01 > 1009947461

From: "Lionel Benstead" <>
Subject: Re: GREENACRE
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 15:57:41 +1100

Hi Brenda.

Well there certainly looks as though your John GREENACRES c 26 September
1754 in Wells next the Sea could be my John GREENACRE.

John GREENACKERS m Sarah KIRK on 2 Sept 1774 at Ingoldisthorpe. These days
that is not far from Wells Next the Sea. The age seems about right for a
marriage and there were children Christened as John and Sarah GREENACRE at
Ingoldisthorpe.

So its fair to ignore the difference of GREENACRES, GREENACKERS and
GREENACRE spelling BUT how do we make the connection? Have you found any
other marriages that would fit John? Have you found any other evidence to
connect the two. Perhaps there are banns to look at that can give us a clue
of what parish John came from.

Love to hear what you think

Lionel
Booker Bay, NSW., Australia

Address Book: Although you may reply to this email I cannot always guarantee
that this will
be my permanent address so please put this address in your Address Book
which I plan to be
the permanent one:

This thread: