NORFOLK-L Archives

Archiver > NORFOLK > 2002-01 > 1010316069

From: "Ben Reeve" <>
Subject: Re: Responding to 'Interests Posted'
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 11:21:09 -0000

Please Kim, don't take this personally, yours happened to be a good example.

It is great to see the Norfolk List with so much activity. The New year has
obviously enthused people yet again. However, the more messages there are,
the greater is the need to attend to Mark's advice about changing the
'Subject Line' when responding. Like many others I read every 'New
Interests' message, as this is a regular source of new contacts. Had the
example below had its subject line changed to 'GEDGE' I would not have had
the need to stop and read this (and many similar examples).

Could we have a common New Year Resolution to consider changing the subject
line on every message we send. But please don't send 'off-list' as, had I
been interested in 'GEDGE' I would wish to have chimed in!

Happy New year and I hope Mark will not object to my underlining his regular
message on this subject, as perhaps a supportive and different voice might
persuade!

Ben
Researching REEVE(S)/REVE(S) anywhere/anytime.
Own REEVE Family originate in southern Norfolk, but
I am creating a database in preparation for starting a
REEVE(S)/REVE(S) 'One-Name-Study'