NORFOLK-L Archives

Archiver > NORFOLK > 2002-01 > 1010396322

From: "The Wilsons in Sassafras" <>
Subject: CAVELLS
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 20:47:39 +1100

Hi Bob,

Pleased to help. I know that area fairly well as we often stay at
Anglesea which is a little further along.

But we do live in the best spot in Victoria - in Sassafras in the
Dandenong Ranges about 42 km east of Melbourne - been here for about
30 years.

I notice in your interests, you list "Norwich area in the 1600s".

I have an unfilled interest in the Cavell family some of whose male
members were clergy in the 1700s and 1800s - there were a number of
Rev. Cavells. One of the Rev. Cavells' daughters - Edith Louisa
Cavell is buried in the grounds of the Norwich Cathedral, a WWI
heroine. We all know of her wartime heroics - these are all well
documented.

My interest is in any and all of her ancestors and any and all of her
family's descendants, all relatives of any and all connections.

Have you come across any Cavells in your own investigative journeys ?

Best wishes, John Wilson

Maroochydore,Sunshine Coast
> another great surfing world spot Bob

This thread: