NORFOLK-L Archives

Archiver > NORFOLK > 2002-01 > 1011491689

From: "Robert Sterry" <>
Subject: Beware Ancestry.com
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 12:54:59 +1100

I have had an unfortunate experience with Ancestry.com. I was offered a
2-week trail of their site - which I took up. However, although I told them
I did not wish to continue beyond the trial - well within the trial period -
they still billed my credit card. They have ignored my emails of complaint
since then. I have had to instruct my bank to inform VISA that the
transaction is in dispute and not to accept any more transactions from
Ancestry.com

This sort of behaviour is sadly not uncommon on the Internet but is far from
ethical and certainly not the sort of behaviour one would expect from
Ancestry.com. Since Ancestry.com will continue to debit this unauthorised
subscription amount every 3 months unless I have it stopped, it can run into
quite a lot of money and can be quite a lucrative little scam.

Hope this hasn't happened to you.

Best wishes

Robert Sterry

This thread: