NORFOLK-L Archives

Archiver > NORFOLK > 2002-01 > 1011695251

From: "henryjames" <>
Subject: Re: 2002: Time for some patience, kindness and teaching
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:27:31 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Howells <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 12:26 AM

> Hi all -
>
> My better half sends this out every year after New Years. Some
> good food for thought here. It proves she was born of a saintly
> mother while I was found under a rock in a cold mountain stream in
> Oregon.
>
> Cheers - Mark
>
> ==========================
>
> Hello all -

We are a friendly, welcoming and helpful group of online
> genealogists. To do so we all need to pitch in and show patience,
> understanding and kindness. We also need to put on our teaching
> caps and be prepared to show them the ropes.
> 1. Don't make assumptions.

> 6. Keep in mind that we were all new at one time.
> 7. Keep in mind that we all learn something new every day.
> 8. Reach out to your fellow researchers and set a good
> example.
> P.S. Please feel free to forward this to everyone!
>
> Mark

I replied to this with conratulations, endorsing the comments, some repeated
above. But I received no reply even though I asked several questions.
As this has happened before, I hope you will excuse me asking you, if you
would kindly respond "on the list" instead of privately.

Kindest regards
Jim (aka henry james)

This thread: