NORFOLK-L Archives

Archiver > NORFOLK > 2002-02 > 1013417848

From: "Brenda Copsey" <>
Subject: Laroes for Meddlers
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 08:57:28 -0000

Hello Bryon et al

Laroes for meddlers was often the answer to "What's for dinner, Mother?" and
I always understood it to mean "Don't ask!" or, possibly, a smack on the
bottom for those who poked their nose in where it wasn't wanted! (Not that I
ever experienced that personally!) Maybe a beating for interfering
busybodies? I have seen it written "Larovers for Medlars". I don't think
it was meaning the medlar fruit.

No doubt we'll learn!
Brenda