NORFOLK-L Archives

Archiver > NORFOLK > 2006-08 > 1156548924

From: Kirk Dawson <>
Subject: FreeREG
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:35:24 -0700

We expect the FreeREG system to go operational within the next 4 weeks. (FreeREG is a companion project to FreeBMD and FreeCEN; it is an index of parish registers for searchable for names; I am sure most of you will have used one or other of these two system at some point in time). FreeREG has been running successfully in test mode for several months now.

The current content for Norfolk is 50,181 baptisms; 10,145 marriages and 28,277 burials.

If you are interested in joining the project and transcribing Norfolk register information to be added to FreeREG please contact me off-line at

Kirk Dawson
Okanagan Falls, B.C.
http://www.the-dawsons.net/

This thread: