NORTHANTS-L Archives

Archiver > NORTHANTS > 2008-02 > 1202720611

From: Firebird <>
Subject: Re: [NTH] Birth Look Up
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:07:37 +0000

jan royal wrote:

> Hello, could someone help with a birth Look Up-
> Agnes Brafield b.c 1809 Tiffield
> Sarah Brafield b.c. 1806 Tiffield
> I need the parent's names if that's possible,

They'd be baptisms at that date, not births, and you'd get the
parent's names but not the mother's maiden name, unless the children
were illegitimate. The only times you'd get the birth date is if it
was a bulk baptism but only if the vicar or clerk decided to include
it if he knew it in the first place; or if the vicar or clerk included
the information as a matter of course/whim.

This thread: