NORTHUMBRIA-L Archives

Archiver > NORTHUMBRIA > 1999-07 > 0931530253

From: Ron Thorsen <>
Subject: DIXON/RIDLEY, Newcastle area
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 14:24:13 +0000

New to the list: have received wonderful help from the Derbyshire list.
Have very little to go on but would appreciate any help.
Looking for my g/father, Theodore George DIXON, born 1876 or 77 in
Newcastle upon Tyne, I believe his father was a railway man and they
lived in houses owned by the railway. TG Dixon was also a railway man.
I have an address of 28 Dale St., Newcastle, in 1907. In 1921 he was
living in Abbotsford Park, Monkseaton.
He's buried in the cemetery across from St. Mary's lighthouse in Whitley
Bay, with two wives and my mother.
His wife was Dora RIDLEY I imagine born the same sort of time, died in
1921. Her siblings included James Hedworth Ridley, Eva, Cora., William,
Arthur and Jane. Her father was Dr. Ridley, her mother was Dorothy Ann.

Can anyone help to fill in a few gaps?
Thanks!
Sheila Pursglove, Ann Arbor, Michigan

This thread: