Archiver > NORTHUMBRIA > 1999-09 > 0938706903

From: "Jane Burn" <>
Subject: RE: [NMB] Questions about Birdhope Craig and Newcastle
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:55:03 +0100

1. URC United Reform Church possibly?
2. Don't know but check out
3. Blanchland?
4. Don't know, sorry.
5. I thought there was only one St Andrew - Newgate Street? (But I am
probably wrong!)
6. Spital Tongues is an area of Newcastle city centre you can find it on
7. Elsdon contains Birdhopecraig but is not near Blanchland again look at
8. Yes, colliery is a coal mine.

Have you looked at ?
It is full of wonderful information about Northumberland and Newcastle.

There are lots of place names and locations under

Let me know how you get on.

I have been trying to find you a picture of the Blackie Boy on-line, but I'm
not having much success at the moment.