NORTHUMBRIA-L Archives

Archiver > NORTHUMBRIA > 1999-09 > 0938706903

From: "Jane Burn" <>
Subject: RE: [NMB] Questions about Birdhope Craig and Newcastle
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:55:03 +0100

Ruth

1. URC United Reform Church possibly?
2. Don't know but check out
http://www.swinhope.demon.co.uk/genuki/NBL/Elsdon/index.html
3. Blanchland?
4. Don't know, sorry.
5. I thought there was only one St Andrew - Newgate Street? (But I am
probably wrong!)
6. Spital Tongues is an area of Newcastle city centre you can find it on
www.mapquest.com
7. Elsdon contains Birdhopecraig but is not near Blanchland again look at
www.mapquest.com
8. Yes, colliery is a coal mine.

Have you looked at http://www.swinhope.demon.co.uk/genuki/NBL/index.html ?
It is full of wonderful information about Northumberland and Newcastle.

There are lots of place names and locations under
http://www.swinhope.demon.co.uk/genuki/NBL/FullIndex.html

Let me know how you get on.

I have been trying to find you a picture of the Blackie Boy on-line, but I'm
not having much success at the moment.

Regards

Jane