NORTHUMBRIA-L Archives

Archiver > NORTHUMBRIA > 2002-05 > 1021198601

From: Brian Pears <>
Subject: Re: [NMB] Birth Certificate
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 11:16:41 +0100

>Could some one please tell me, where I would send to for a birth certificate.
>I believe my ancestor, came from Tynemouth. or there abouts.
>I know she was born in 1891, not sure of the month.
>Would someone in the registrars check that year for me?

Sylvia

You'll find the address of the Register Office under "Civil
Registration" on:

http://www.swinhope.demon.co.uk/genuki/NBL/Tynemouth/

This also gives ordering information.

They will certainly check the whole of a year for you - just
give all the information you are sure of. Parent's names can
help decide between possible entries, so these can be useful;
but only give them if you are certain they are correct,
because if the entry does not match the information you supply,
they won't issue a certificate.

Cheers, Brian
--
Brian Pears (Gateshead, UK) http://www.swinhope.demon.co.uk/