NORTHUMBRIA-L Archives

Archiver > NORTHUMBRIA > 2003-08 > 1061411715

From: Tom & Sue <>
Subject: [NMB] Copies of certificates
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 21:36:10 +0100

Hello All

I have copies of two marriage certificates from the 1940s. One took
place in Easington in 1942 and the other in Darlington in 1947. It
would be very useful if I was able to find out if they were copies made
at the time or if they are copies purchased more recently.

My clue is that they both have a 1d King George postage stamp on the
bottom right hand corner and I guess this means they are old copies
rather than newer ones.

Can anyone confirm this or give me other clues I might look for?

Thanks

Sue Laffey

This thread: