NORTHUMBRIA-L Archives

Archiver > NORTHUMBRIA > 2007-02 > 1171029239

From: "Geoff Fynes" <>
Subject: Re: [NMB] Stobbs, Ritson, Humble
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 13:53:59 -0000

Cathie

I am researching Stobbs/Stubbs connections in North Shields and Tynemouth
which is not too distant from Newcastle.

My earliest connection is a John Stobbs/Stubbs (they appear interchangeable
in some records that I have) who was born in North Shields in 1801, son of
John Stobbs/Stubbs a mariner. I am a direct descendant of this line and if
it rings a bell with any of your connections I would be pleased to exchange
information with you. I have yet to track down John Stobbs/Stubbs the
mariner but I do not believe that he is directly connected with the
Allendale Stobbs which started off this particular link.

Best wishes

Geoff Fynes
Sandhurst, Gloucester, UK