NORTHUMBRIA-L Archives

Archiver > NORTHUMBRIA > 2010-08 > 1282160053

From: "john robson" <>
Subject: Re: [NMB] Iron roller
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 20:35:10 +0100

Hi Wyn,
my knowledge of metal production is minimal but I would imagine from the
description of the work that it entailed moving molten iron through a
machine which hammered the raw material into wrought iron, as the metal
beginning to cool was being hammered into shape gangs on the output side
would drag the metal bar or rod away from the macine to cool.

John Robson