NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1997-11 > 0880040948

From: Clair Haugen <>
Subject: 1868 crossing Oslo-Quebec
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 09:49:08 -0600 (CST)

On April 12, 1868 the schooner "Hannah Parr" sailed from Christiania, bound
for Quebec City, with emigrants from Valdres, Nes i Hedemarken, and elsewhere
in Norway. A few days at sea it was caught in a gale and disabled and had to
put into Limerick, Ireland, for repairs. It finally reached Canada July 27.
Several died during the voyage. Two children were buried in Limerick.

I would like to hear from anyone who has information about this crossing or
other stormy crossings during 1868. I have more information about the "Han-
nah Parr" and would be happy to provide it to anyone interested.
Clair Haugen []

This thread: