NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1998-01 > 0885918916

From: "E. T. Schmitt" <>
Subject: Fattigmann cutter
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 10:35:16 -0600 (CST)

Does anyone on the list know of a source in the U. S. where I could find a
Fattigmann cutter? I have one that belonged to my husband's grandmother,
brought from Norway. I would like to find another one for my daughter. The
one I have is brass, engraved with designs, about 5 inches long, with a 1
1/4 inch roller.

It resembles a pastry cutter with a roller that cuts with a wavy edge. At
the other end of the handle is a 1 inch blade, wavy to match the roller,
which is used to cut the slit in the middle of the cookie.

I looked for one when we were in Norway, but we were told that most people
just used a pastry cutter. One clerk did say that Fattigmann was a Christmas
cookie, and that they only stocked the cutters around Christmas time.

Elizabeth Schmitt

This thread: