NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0920435018

From: "Bo Dahlke" <>
Subject: Re: Outlook Express mail
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 22:23:38 -0600

Since the MS Outlook email folders are not the same as your regular Windows
folders, you may not be able to find the email messages as they are stored
on your hard drive, which makes it difficult to simply copy them from one PC
to another.

However, you might try this - place all the email messages that you want to
transfer into one email folder within Outlook. Then use the EXPORT option
under the FILE menu. I believe that would save them all into a regular
Windows file (possibly compressed). You can copy that file to a disk and
then to the other PC. From there, use the IMPORT option under FILE to
retrieve them back into Outlook. If you have a lot of emails to transfer,
you may need to experiment with exporting/importing multiple files to keep
the size down to something that will fit on a diskette.

Good luck.............Bo