NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0920621296

From: "Edward A. Scriven" <>
Subject: Elling Christophersen 1676
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 01:08:16 -0700

Elling CHRISTOPHERSEN was born in 1676 in the Nedre Valley in Meloy in
Nordland. He married Karen JENSDATTER. He has a HUGE posterity
centered in Nordland, but it is now spread throughout the world. A
devoted genealogist descendant of his named Charles ELLINGSEN in Oslo
researched as many of his descendants as he could and printed a 2 volume
collection called Slekten Ellingsen. I have copies of both volumes, and
if anyone else is a descendant of him and wants a lookup, I can do
that. This is actually my wife's family, and her main descendant
surnames from him are ELLINGSEN and GLAD, and there are some FALCK names
thrown in for good measure. I hope only individuals who are pretty sure
they are his descendants will contact me. Not every ELLINGSEN, GLAD, or
FALCK in Norway is connected to him, but there are lots of them in
Nordland. Naturally there are thousands of other surnames as well.

Ed Scriven

This thread: