NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0920689585

From: <>
Subject: Re: 1918 Influenza
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 22:06:25 EST

writes:

<< I just watched a program I taped on our educational
channel about the 1918 influenza epidemic. I was
shocked. I had heard about this awhile back but
never realized the severity of it. How was Norway
affected by this? It was a real eye opener.
We in the Duluth area had the big Cloquet fire of
1918 which did a lot of damage and took many lives.
I am now interested to look in to the epidemic and
see how it affected our area and the state of MN.
Sure gives one something to think about.
Marilyn

My great Aunt Anna died in that epidemic in Michigan I guess they were hit
very hard with it in Benzie County. I'm just starting to learn about it.

Karen in Illinois

This thread: