NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0920796308

From: "Jo Orvik" <>
Subject: Re: Jens Amundson Bodalen/Bordalen
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 02:45:08 -0600

Hi Pat,
Actually, at the following URL, there is a Fingar Halvorsen on this
Dokken farm
which would perhaps fit with your other letter. His mother is a widow
and his father
would have been named Halvor.
This could be the family of your Sigri. I would guess that Ole
Jørgensen on the farm
is the brother of Kiersti.
http://www.hist.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?earkivverket/1865/f60616&35
25

I would guess the following site is related to your Jens but I don't
know how. Perhaps this
Fingar Amundsen is a brother of your Jens Amundsen.
http://www.hist.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?earkivverket/1865/f60616&20
54
At the other Børdalen farm there is a Sigri Amundsdtr. who could be a
sister to Fingar.
http://www.hist.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?earkivverket/1865/f60616&20
36

Since you know where they came from, it would probably be a good idea
to order the
parish records at a FHC and check it all out.
Good Luck,
Jo

>I'm a newbie to the list and am experiencing some problems. I hope I
>have them corrected now. I am seeking relative of Jens Amundson
>Bodalen/bordalen of Ness, Hallingdal, Buskerud. Jens was born
>December 20, 1827. He is shown with Sigri Halvorsdatter Dokken
>requesting to come to America in 1850 records. They were not married
>at that time, but I believe they married shorly before leaving
Norway.