NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0920813136

From: "Elin Galtung Lihaug" <>
Subject: Re: Hansen/Johansen
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 14:25:36 +0100

Hi Shirley,

I found your Johansen family in Vaterland, Fredrikstad in the 1900 census:
http://www.hist.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?narkivverket/1900/b00103&10966

This is perhaps your Anton Hansen as he is one year older than Olava Karoline and is born at the same place, Hvaler, Smaalenene (now: Østfold fylke):
http://www.hist.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?narkivverket/1900/b00103&10955

Regards,
Elin Galtung Lihaug

Shirley wrote:
>Greetings from New Zealand.
>Anyideas please how I can locate information on
> the children of Olava Caroline Johansen (nee Hansen) and Jens
>Johansen of Vaterland Fredrickstad, would their surnames be
> Jensen/datter or Johansen?
> ""Do they appear in anyone else's Family Tree"" ??
> I would very much like to get a lead of some sort as this is the only
>family I have who may today have living issue.
>the letter was written in 1907, to Caroline's sister, my great
>grandmother in New Zealand.
> 1.Julie Othilia JOHANSEN- 1886
> 2.Camilla Hansine JOHANSEN- 1891
> 3.Georg Henry JOHANSEN- 1894
> 4.Lovise JOHANSEN- dcd
>any ideas on the next step, I would be very grateful of.
>she does say that the boy has been named after her mother and father,
>whom I have on a marriage certificate here in NZ as Hans Hansen and
>Marie Henricksen. (seems to me the father may have been Georg)
>Caroline also had a brother Anton, who returned to Vaaler?????
> Mange Takk.
> Shirley in New Zealand.

This thread: