NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0921008878

From: "Elin Galtung Lihaug" <>
Subject: Re: 1865 Census
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 20:47:58 +0100

Hi Cathie,

Friderichsværn in 1801 was called Staværn in 1865. Unfortunately, no data from Vestfold county are at the 1865 census at Digitalarkivet. Only a small part of Vestfold is in the 1865 census at the RHD/NHDC site, see http://draug.rhd.isv.uit.no/rhd/help1.htm - but as yet there is nothing from Stavern.
The 1865 census will probably be complete sometime later this year.

Regards,
Elin Galtung Lihaug

Cathie wrote:

>Could someone please help me. I have located an area in the 1801 census
>that I believe my ancestors came from, but am unsure how to check this same
>area in 1865.
>
>1801 Friderichsv'rn
>
>County - Larvik Og Jarlsberg
>Parish - Laurvig