NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0921115522

From: Bob Shoring <>
Subject: Questions about Online Skifteregister
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 17:25:22 -0800

I found online a Skifteregister for Rakkestad 1833-1849, which contains
the names and farms of some of my relatives. This info will probably be
useful to me if I can understand the significance of it.

Since the Skifteregister is a probate record, I am wondering if the date
shown would be anything close to the date of death for the "ARVELATER"
(person whose property is being probated). Do othes use this info to
estimate when someone died?

I'm curious how others make good use of the information contained in the
ONLINE Skifteregisters.

Thanks!

--
Regards, Bob Shoring.............San Francisco, California, USA
- OR - 70353,1525 on Compuserve

This thread: