NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0921251809

From: "P. Risvold" <>
Subject: Re: INFO PLEASE
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 09:16:49 -0600

Dave -
John and Børge are correct - but there is an interesting little tidbit that may
apply. In the series of useful 'Ættar-bok's written by A.K. Bu in the 1930s and
40s for that part of Hardanger in Hordaland he referred to Eidfjord as Øyfjord.
(He also spelled Ullensvang as Udlesvang - go figure!). In his "Øyfjord" bok he
includes the farms Brynnes, Bu, Erredal, Fet, Garatun, Garen, Gjølmo, Hereid,
Hotle, Hyl, Kjeaosen, Klyve, Kvamme, Kvamsdalen, Liset, Litaitun, Lund, Lægreid,
Maobe, Maurset, Medhus, Midtbø, Myklatun, Røyso, Skår, Stakseng, Sæ, Sæbbe,
Teien, Tveit, Tveito, Varberg, Vik, and Viveliæ (these are his spellings - NOT
mine.) The Hardanger area books by Bu are available on microfilm through the LDS
family history centers.
Have fun. Pam in Austin, Texas