NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0921278758

From: "Gerald L. Steele" <>
Subject: Re: Declaration Intent - Citizenship
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 16:45:58 -0600

Hi!

The early homestead files vary a lot. Some have more information than
others. I have some that have a copy of their naturalization certificate
and also a copy of their patent, but some don't. Some of them give the
size of the house that was built, if it has one story and a loft, how many
windows etc. One of the more interesting one that I have received is a man
who had been in the civil war. In it were his discharge papers that told
how tall he was, the color of his eyes and hair.

Helen Thorson Steele