NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0921388000

From: Barbara Gunvaldsen <>
Subject: Need Bygdebok for Stav(ae)rn/Stavern Telemark
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 00:06:40 -0500

Debbie,

There is a Stavern further up the coast from Porsgrun, on the way to Oslo.
It is in Vestfold and only a few miles from Larvik. Could this be the
place you mean? There are old town histories for both places and a
bygdebok for the parish of Brunlanes. If you think this might be the place
you seek, I'd be glad to look through the books.

- Barbara Gunvaldsen

>Does anyone have a bygdebok for the area ov Staværn-or Stavern in Telemark?
>Stavern is located south of Porsgrun. I am looking for this person:
>
>Maggie (Margaret) Wigers (Wiigers) born about 1864. Her father's name was
>Christian Wigers and her mother's name was Louise Torgesen. They had 4 other
>children also.
>
>I do not have a parish or farm name.

()

This thread: