NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0921425908

From: Dennis Haarsager <>
Subject: Lofoten census
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 07:38:28 -0800

I am interested to know if the men in the visiting fishermen's quarters in
Lofoten were enumerated in the four Norwegian censuses that are on line
and, if so, which parish or parishes would be involved. I'm particularly
interested in the 1875 census, since that's the only one that might have
«captured» my grandfather on one of his Lofoten voyages. Perhaps since
they were mostly there only from after Christmas to before Easter, or when
the counts occurred, these men were enumerated in their home parishes.

Mange takk,
Dennis

This thread: