NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0921428690

From: "Odd Braathun" <>
Subject: SV: Lofoten census
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 17:24:50 +0100

Hi Dennis,
I believe that the rules are the same in 1875 as in 1865. People who were temporarily absent -
travelling or at sea, should be counted at their regular domicile.

The 1875 census is VERY incomplete online , to say the least. So if you are particularly interested
in it, it's perhaps best to get o microfilm copy from the FHC.

Regards
Odd

>I am interested to know if the men in the visiting fishermen's quarters in
>Lofoten were enumerated in the four Norwegian censuses that are on line
>and, if so, which parish or parishes would be involved. I'm particularly
>interested in the 1875 census, since that's the only one that might have

This thread: