NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0921774475

From: "P. Risvold" <>
Subject: Re: Hinderinger farm
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:27:55 -0600

Virginia -
On the Slektsforum Karmøy website at
http://home.sol.no/~leiolsen/slektsforum/english/index.htm
listed as a farm in the Bygdebok for Avaldsnes I. is a farm named Hinderåker.
That ambious group has not yet transcribed that farm to the online databases
they have started.
I also checked with the EMBLA Genealogy Research website (selling Rogaland
bygdeboks and genealogy research services) and listed under the Avaldsnes Book
I is a farm they list as Hindreåker.
I thought this was worth bringing to your attention since I've noticed this
"G2K" conversion problem in other Norwegian researches.
Good luck,
Pam in Texas

Virginia Lindsey wrote:

> Ole and John: Thank you for your replies. I got the name off the marriage
> listing in the parish records of Avaldsnes, Rogaland for Kasper Eriksen and
> Marte Toresdatter 11 December 1870. It is written Kasper
> Eriksen--Bærum/Asker-Hinderiger or Hindeveiger. I don't know if this means
> the farm is in Bærum or if it is in Avaldsnes.Tis a puzzle.Any suggestions
> are appreciated. Virginia Lindsey

This thread: