NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0922134403

From: Linda Ellison <>
Subject: TVEID (Tveit)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 12:26:43 -0800 (PST)

Could someone tell me if Tveid is in Vest-Agder?

Also, my relatives, like most Norwegian ancestors, have what I believe
to be farm names incorporated into their names. Where is the best
place to verify if these are in fact farm names? I have been unable
to locate two of my oldest known relatives (Jakob Tarjesen born 1793
and Elias Jakobsen born 1822) in any of the Census records.

Linda
Illinois

Researching: ELLISON, ELIASSEN, KRESS, VANDERMAAS, WUJTEWICZ, HILL,
FAY, POSLUSZNY, D'AMARIO