NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0922212214

From: "Carol J. Holton Riggle" <>
Subject: Næs, R
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:03:34 -0700

On the emigration list I found Albert Hansen Finstad, who is the right age
to be my Albert Hansen. It said he was from Næs, R Norway and was going
to Chicago in 1871 which is about the right time. My grandfather was known
as Albert Hansen in Wisconsin. However when his parents and sister
emigrated in 1873 the sister was known by the patronymic Olivine
Ottosdatter. (Their father, Otto Hansen.) Could anyone tell me where the
place referred to as Næs, R is. I tried to look it up on a locality search
on internet, no luck. Also tried my book on Norwegian genealogy. No luck.
Thank you, Carol J. Holton Riggle

This thread: