NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0922291494

From: John Follesdal <>
Subject: A new article for my web site
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 00:04:54 +0800

Hi everyone,
I have just finished a new article for my web site: "Identifying
your ancestor's farm in Norway". In this article I try to explain how we
can use some of the search features in the matrikkel databases, census
databases, and emigrasjonsprotokoll databases to solve that old family
mystery: where did our great grandfather Andrew BLACKRUD come from? All we
know is the family story that we have heard many times before: that he was
born around 1850, that he came from somewhere in Norway, and that he
emigrated to the US around 1880 or so. We also suspect that the name Andrew
BLACKRUD was an Americanized version of his name, but we do not know what
the original spelling was in Norway.
The url for the article is:
http://members.xoom.com/follesdal/findfarm.html
Happy hunting :-)
John Follesdal
Visit my web site on Norwegian-American genealogy:
http://members.xoom.com/follesda

This thread: