NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0922300190

From: "Linda Patterson" <>
Subject: Berg, Gulliksrud
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:29:50 -0800

I am searching for my ggrandfather and ggrandmother, Ole Berg(e) and Kari
Gulliksrud. Both Ole, born August 03, 1858(9?), and Kari, born February 05,
1858, were born in Norway. Ole used to say he was from Oslo, but family
remembrance places him somewhere north of Oslo, but close, a place starting
with an "H". I have a probate document from a relative, Paul A. Bjorge,
from Roykenvik og Land, Hadeland. I suspect Ole and Kari came from Oppland
Fylke, probably Gran, but I can get no further. Kari Gulliksrud's parents
had a farm in Norway, that Ole worked on. Ole's mother and aunt were Randi
and Elen Olsen. I suspect that "Berg" and "Gulliksrud" were place names
taken as names when Ole and Kari came to Iowa, about 1886. They were
married in Sioux City, Iowa in 1886. How can I locate their families in
Norway?

Thank you for any advice,

Linda Patterson

This thread: