NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0922423713

From: Barbara Bednarz< >
Subject: Dokken Farm, Norderhov, Buskerud
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 21:48:33 -0700 (MST)

Hello,
Sorry I just sent a private letter to Richard and realized it was on the
list, please accept my "Sorry".

Would anyone on the list be able to tell me what farm the Dokken farm
fell under during the 1865 to 1875 period? Could it have been Øve? I
know that was near to it.

I also wanted to encourage all of you in finding your families no matter
how silly a lead may be it may be just what you need. Check the zip
codes on the SSDI and then try and match relatives with the zip codes.
I found my Grandpa's family with my first call out of 200 DAHLS in
Michigan.

Also I spoke with many town historians and with the knowledge they gave
me, I was able to find some of my family also. I just received an
obituary of Oscar Dahl today from Bob Brekken who formerly worked for
the Hawley Herald and the author to "Journey Back to Hawley". Did you
know he didn't even know where his Norwegian family was from, just some
short names but Betty Lou of the list found them in Vang, Valders and I
forwarded.

I have been blessed and thank you for all the help.

Barb in Arizona

This thread: