NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-03 > 0922666545

From: <>
Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Herredagsdom and Bratteb=F8?=
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 19:15:45 EST

Thank you to everyone that has already provided assistance to me. Currently,
I am trying to figure out what a "herredagsdom" is. In the Einar Haigen
dictionary, "herred" means township, and I am guessing that "dagsdom" is a
diary or minutes of the town council. In addition, I am trying to find out
information about the Brattebø Ætt (family) from Vik i Jondal in Hordaland.
One of the sons of my ancestor, Lars (Laurits) Børjeson Brattebø, is listed as
"Brattebøkongen," and they appear on the Losnaætti, although based on my
translation, there appears to be some doubt as to whether they belong there.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated, and again, thank you to the list for
all your help.

Jim

This thread: