NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-08 > 0933964764

From: "Eunice Korczak" <>
Subject: translation
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 13:39:24 -0500

We have recently found an old church book (American) that is a treasure trove for genealogists interested in Norwegians who lived in Northern Minnesota. The problem is that even the "old Norwegians" we know are unable to translate some of the words. I hope to transcribe this and make the information available to the GenWeb project.

We would appreciate any suggestions you may have regarding the meanings of the following terms. Thank you.

These are handwritten entries under cause of death and as accurate as we can determine:
slag
mave kalor(b)
taring

These are words from headings:
Stemmeberettiget (voice?)
familie hovd (family?)
er afgaaet
fortegnelse over menighedens medlemmer (Membership?)
fremmede
anmerkninger (American?)
Naar og af hvem barnet er hjemmed(slashed o)bt

Thank you for any and all help.

Eunice

This thread: