NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 1999-10 > 0940283157

From: <>
Subject: Nelson/Nielsen Ancestry Search!
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:45:57 EDT

Dear Fellow Listers,

Am posting this again in hopes any NEW listers may have one of these people
in their ancestry:

Gilbert Nelson aka Gulbrand Nielsen Ulveneie
Born: 2 Feb 1825
Place: Ringsaker, Hedmark, Norway
Died: ?

Spouse: Anne/Anna Eriksdatter
Born: c. 1828-1831
Place: Norway

Emigrated: 16 April 1860 with their four children:
1: Mari, born c 1852 in Norway
2: Beate, born c ?
3: Eli born 26 Apr 1856
4: Ole born 7 Oct 1858

Children born to them in Wisconsin:

5: John, born c 1862
6: August, born c 1866
7: George, born c 1868
8: Albert born c 1871
9: Julius, born 1 Jan 1874 in Ettrick, WI, died 7 Mar 1955 in Monrovia CA
10: Emilia, born c 1876

Julius was found in the 1900 census for Gary SD as a single man, school
teacher. His first son Armand was born 24 Feb 1901. He married Daisy M. Kee
sometime before that probably. His second son Leslie was born 10 July 1905 in
Gary SD.

We are the descendants of Julius Nelson. I know of only one daughter that was
born to Leslie Nelson, Nancy French. Last whereabouts for her is listed on
Leslie's death certificate as being in La Habra, CA. I cannot locate her.

I would like to locate Nancy French or any other person who may be a
descendant of this family. It is amazing how we cannot find any trace of the
other 8 kids.

They did attend church at the North Branch Beaver Creek Evangelical Lutheran
Church in WI, Trempealeau County, but later they broke off and formed the
South Branch and Gilbert is mentioned as having attended that church. A
relative did recently go to the South Branch and could find no headstones for
any of the children.

I have found 3 Gilbert Nelsons in the WI statewide death index all died
around 1898-1900 and am waiting for a reply on that.

Where are they? Hope someone recognizes a name!

Debbie in Spokane, WA

This thread: