NORWAY-L ArchivesArchiver > NORWAY > 2000-08 > 0966767540
From: "Odd Braathun" <>
Subject: Sør-Odal: Berger, Trollhaug, Gjeddevatn, Leikvang
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 12:32:20 +0200
I am sending this to the list, too. Just in case someone connects, but also because
of the archive.
Source: Sør-Odal bygdebok by Birger Kirkeby.
Volume VI - page 238-239
Gjeddevatnet under Skøyen #71/1
Erik Gudbrandsen from Gjersøybråten b. ca. 1793 probably born 1793 on Tollhaugen
under Berger (vol. IV p.260) was 1818 married to Mari Gudbrandsdatter from Gjeddevatnet,
1. Gulbrand b. 1818 (among witnesses Lars Kristensen Kjøllbråten u. Skøyen) married 1845
to Anne Andersdatter Hauggard
2. Mari b. 1822 (witnesses: Knut and Olea Gjersøybråten, Hans and Randi Årbogen, Hans
Nord-Disen) married 1854 to widower Syver Andersen Rakeie in Nes (Nes, Akershus).
3. Gunnar b. 1825 (next cotter)
4. Ole b. 1828, married 1851 to widow Anna Marie Pedersdatter Grasberget.
5. Hans, b. 1830
6. Andrea, b. 1834, married 1856 to Ole Kristensen Grasberget
7. Eli b. 1837, married 1859 to Anders Olsen Skøyensagen
A son took over on the place:
Gunnar Gulbrandsen (error for Eriksen ?) he is listed as Gunder Eriksen in the 1865 census
Gunnar Eriksen 1825-1916 married 1854 to Eli Gulbrandsdatter from Billingsø in Eidskog
1. Gurine b. 1856, married 1879 to Eilert Olsen Høymoen in Aurskog, he used the name
Eilert Ruud, moved to Oslo
2. Gina b. 1857 d. 1929, married to Peder Gjersøyen
3. Andrea 1858-80
4. Maren b. 1859, married to Martin Hansen from Sæterstøa, to Oslo
5. Mina b. 1860, d. 1955 married to Gunerius Nilsen Gjeddevand from Aulibråten near Haga
in Nes, Akershus 1858-1940
6. Sina b. 1862, married to a Swede, Johan Linde, in America
7. Christine b. 1863, unmarried lived on Notodden, Telemark
8. Erik b. 1865, tanner, married in Kongsvinger, to America
9. Gulbrand 1867-68
10. Gulbrand, b 1869, was in America, worked later in the cellulose factory at Flateby, bought
later Vesleenga, married 1. Gina Bredesdatter Ny-Årbogen, she died early, married 2. Marie
The most recent of your cousins on Gjeddevatn was born in 1932. So if anyone with the telephone
directory on CD could do a lookup and see if there is a listing for Gjeddevann/vand/vatn they
would for certain be your cousins. More difficult to find if they adopted Eriksen as a family name.
Page 260 Berger søndre, Plasser og bruk
Gudbrand Knutsen from Leikvang b. 1751, married 1777 to Marie Henningsdatter from S. Berger
b. 1754, were cotters from ca 1780.
1. Knut b. 1778 on Leikvang
2. Eli, b. 1780 on Leikvang
3. Henning b. 1783 on Tollhaugen
4. Lisbet b. 1787
5. Tore b. 1790
6. Erik b. 1793
7. Kari b. 1797
8. Mari b. 1800
Among witnesses were Lars Olsen Holen, Ola and Eli Berger, Kari Fresvoll, Marte Kolsrud,
Ola Lier, Søren Sandereiet, Amund Fulu and Hans Krybelsrud.
No further info on the family under Tollhaugen, nor that they moved to Gjersøyen. Will look up
Parents and siblings of Marie Henningsdatter:
Page 249 Berger søndre (Berger as one farm)
Henning Olsen from Ytre Sander b. 1715, married 1745 to Eli Embretsdatter from Kolsrud
1724-77. Eli Embretsdatter was the sister of Ole Embretsen Mjølnhaug.
1. Marit b. 1748, married 1779 to widower Kristoffer Gunnersen Fulu.
2. Marte b. 1750, married 1774 to Ola Olsen Fresvoll
3. Eli b. 1752, married 1778 to tambur (drummer) Hans Jørgensen Krybelsrud
4. Marie b. 1754, married 1777 to Gulbrand Knutsen Leikvang (see Tollhaugen)
5. Ole b. 1757 d. 1846 (next user), married 1780 to Eli Hansdatter from Store-Fulu (unit #1)
6. Anne b. 1760
7. Lisbet b. 1763, married 1786 to Svein Eriksen Saga (Fulusaga), married 2. to Gunner
8. Tore 1767-70
Parents and siblings of Gudbrand Knutsen Leikvang:
Volume 1 p. 478-479 Leikvang
Knut Torsen 1723-1800, married 1748 to Lisbet Gudbrandsdatter from Øvre Nordset 1723-73.
1. Tor 1749-74
2. Gudbrand b. 1751 (next user on bruk #1)
3. Marte b. 1754, married 1790 to widower Otter Embretsen Kolsrud
4. Amund b. 1757, married 1792 to Marte Embretsdatter Melby
5. Gunner b. 1759
6. Knut 1761-66
7. Erik, b. 1765, to Haslerud
8. Knut 1768-70
Leikvang, gnr, 14, bruk 1
Gudbrand Knutsen b. 1751, married 1777 to Mari Henningsdatter from S. Berger took over this
part of his father's farm i 1774 and got the deed in 1779. Children born here are Knut 1778 and
Eli 1780. Gudbrand sold already in 1783 for 350 dlr.
|Sør-Odal: Berger, Trollhaug, Gjeddevatn, Leikvang by "Odd Braathun" <>|