NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 2001-03 > 0984659970

From: "Lars Oyane" <>
Subject: Re: Lyster
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 07:21:12 -0600

Dear Virginia,

LYSTER is the old (prior to about 1920) spelling of the current LUSTER
County at the very northeast edge of the Sognefjord of Western Norway,
northeast of the city of Bergen by about 160 American miles and located
between the largest Norwegian glacier (Jostedal glacier) to the west and the
highest Norwegian mountains (Jotunheimen) to the east.

You mention Ole Olson Eide. Are you thinking of Ole Olson Eide, born in
Luster County, Norway Nov. 7, 1846, emigrated in 1881, dying at Detroit
(Lakes), Becker Co., Minnesota Mar. 22, 1913??

For more information about Luster County, please feel free to visit our home
page (address below).

Very sincerely yours,

Lars E. Oyane
Luster County Historian