NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 2003-05 > 1054244769

Subject: Re: borndate
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 17:46:09 EDT

Hi,

> Yes it was the census. My Swen Greenberg was a brother in law in 1930
> The man was Nels Hede and he had 2 kids. Trying to find out more abouth this
> persons
> It says that he is Head but it's no wife there. So I don't know if it's
> Swen's brother in law or he's wife Marie's brother in law.

The relationship given is supposed to be that of the head of the house. In
this case it could be either Nels Hede's sister's husband or his wife's
brother.

In 1930, census day was April 1 and ages were supposed to be given as of that
date. If they did as they were supposed to, the 3 4/12 year old would have
been born by Dec 1st, 1926.

Daraleen

This thread: