NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 2004-11 > 1100997889

From: "brian erland" <>
Subject: Ole Olson Hetletvedt
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:44:49 -0600

From the Norwegian Immigration (821-1840) Its causes and results.

I have received a letter form Ole Olson Hetletvedt, the nephew of the slooper. He informs me that he was born at Hetletvedt, Ombo, Stavanger Amt, April 23, 1824. As a tweleve year old boy he emigrated to America with his parents and settled with them in Mission, La Salle county, ILL, and lived there until 1865, when he moved to Norway, Benton county, Iowa. His wife, Bertha Olson, was born Sept 9, 1830, on the farm Valem, Aardal parish, Stavanger Amt. They were married Dec 25, 1857. There children are Sarah Ann who married Segnor Erland (Benton Co., Iowa) Edward, b. May 14, 1859 ; Peter C (Benton Co, IA) Sophia, b. Sept 9, 1856 (Benton Co, IA) Charles P., b. Feb 4, 1864 (Benton co. IA0

brian erland

Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

This thread: