NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 2005-05 > 1116976625

From: "Aanund Olsnes" <>
Subject: Re: rune stone
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 01:44:05 +0200

Well, I don't fell very worked up, but that's as may be.

The Alexandria Chamber of Commerce certainly have their
axes to grind, but they ought to be the only ones.

But what ought to be and what is, are usually different.
Thus I have to agree with Christian Keller, a professor of archeology
at the Unveristy of Oslo, who wrote that the whole controversy
should be seen in the context of internal ethnic competition
in the US, of which tha Scandihoovians have not
been the least eager participants.

Aanund